2.03.2009

If You're in San Francisco on Feb 28th

Hellos! Emily Glaubinger here. This is my first official blog post on this here FH blog and although I post for selfish reasons (shameless self promotion as some dear friends would say), I would like to start out by saying that without Fabric Horse, I would not be the person I am in today. The ladies at FH have more talent and smarts in their pinky fingers then the combined amount of energy in the whole universe and to have touched that pinky finger, well, it got me in this digital design tournament.
cut&paste logo

I was chosen (!!!) to along with 7 other designers from SF to compete on February 28th, 2009 to win a shit (please forgive this) ton of prizes. Obviously, it would be amazing if I could have some friends up in there to cheer me on. Here is what they about the SF challenge:

Sunshiney San Francisco wakes up to memories of gold-rushing crazes, rainbow-striped protests, and summers of love.

In its long history as a leading city on the Pacific, this old town’s been knocked down more than once—earthquakes and fires, bursting dot-com bubbles—and always gotten back on its feet. Today, the City by the Bay stands tall as a bastion of liberal attitudes, free spirits, and open arms. Hills nestled against lapping waves and streets bustling with geek savants, bon vivants, cosmopolites, and one of the largest creative communities in the world, San Francisco brings its fair share of aesthetic genius to the tournament.

San Francisco will host competitions in 2D, 3D, and Motion Graphics for Digital Design Tournament 2009.

To purchase tickets you can go here and look left for all the info and the link to buy the tickets. You can also email me to try to get the group rate and I can pair you up with some friends that will definitely be going.

If you are not familiar with my work ( I've had the wonderful opportunities to work on design projects with the likes of Fabric Horse (duh), R.E.Load Bags, Depot Japan, Bilenky Cycle Works, Tomoni and some other fabulous fun bike related companies) you can check out what i've been up to here: DRAWING IS AWESOME

watch this video and get an idea of what it will be like:

Cut&Paste Digital Design Tournament 2007 from Cut&Paste on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment